Quality improvement activities:
QI unit is sub unit in the administrative department and QI staff will work closely with all the heads of departments to ensure quality improvement strategies are developed and implemented across all sections/units of the organization.
Activities carried out from the unit:
In order to provide effective and efficient customer services the unit will carry out the following activities.
- Ensure that standard operational procedures are written and implemented in all areas of the hospital
- Maintain records of patients complaints and follow the corrective actions required
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys, analyzing the data to measure patient satisfaction,
- Ensure that policies and procedures relating to incident reporting are developed, monitored and reviewed.
- Identify, investigate and monitor incidents and hazardous practices and evaluate outcomes of preventative measures
- Participate in the planning and coordination of specific training and educational programs as appropriate to the quality improvement needs of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a risk register, highlighting and reporting serious risks to the Director
- Design schedules to conduct internal clinical audits to identify areas of non-compliance with policies and areas for improvement
- Assist infection prevention and control committee in the development and implementation of relevant strategies and action plans for infection prevention and control
QA activities focus on improving work processes in order to meet customer expectations and receiving feedback is essential to improve our services. Please feel free to contact us at any time to tell us about your experiences in receiving service at our hospital. You may want to raise a concern or make a suggestion about the services provided here. If you want to raise a concern or an issue you may choose to raise the concern in person, via telephone (3350511) or formally either by writing a letter or by email to email@example.com
Your feedback either positive or negative plays a vital role in our efforts to improve the services. You can share you feedback via feedback forms available at our reception area.
If you want to raise a concern related to an inpatient service or emergency service you are advised to meet nurse in-charge of the shift.
For outpatient services you are advised to meet public relations staff at the OPD counter
At this stage staff will try to resolve the issue informally and if you are unhappy with the outcome your issue will escalated to stage 2 of the complaint process via a complaints form. You can either fill the form on your own or allow the staff member who receives the complaint to fill up the form. The form will be sent to the administrative department on the next working day.
At this stage all complaints will be considered as formal and will be reviewed by administrative department and depending on the nature of the complaint, the issue will be reviewed by a committee.
After a thorough investigation we will reply to your concern as promptly as we can. In very complex cases, it may take up to 4 weeks for the investigation and if it is still going on after 4 weeks we will inform the delay. We may call you or suggest meeting you to talk through your issues and attempt to resolve them
Whilst all complaints will be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly, we will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards staff regardless of any allegations against them.